Little Miss Myah

Little Miss Myah

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Myah's New "Necklace"....




Myah has a new "necklace", at least that is what we call it. It is really a TOT Collar to help treat her Torticollis. Myah will wear this collar as much as possible for the next month and attend Physical Therapy once a week. Our Therapist said that just wearing the collar can be more beneficial than the actual stretches we do each session. We are still planning on meeting with a doctor regarding Botox injections within the next month.

See Myah wear this contraption really bothers me. It just makes me sad that she has to go through this. Don't get me wrong, I know we are very blessed that we only have this to deal with, but it is still hard. The first night Myah wore the collar I was a complete wreck. I questioned whether we put it on her properly, was it to tight, was it hurting, I could go on and on. I kept running to the other room to cry so she wouldn't see me upset. Of course the next day my eyes were so swollen, and I was physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausted. I am feeling better now since I've had a few days to get used to seeing her in it, and we have gotten better and faster at putting it on her.

I know the collar will help which is wonderful. For now, we just keep telling Myah how cool her new necklace is.I tell her that Momma wishes she had a necklace to wear that was as cool as hers. Myah will sometimes point at her "necklace" and says "so cool Momma"! It is ADORABLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment