Little Miss Myah

Little Miss Myah

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Life Lately......





So, I haven’t blogged in awhile as life has just taken over. It has been crazy busy for The Swain’s over the last several weeks. But, Myah is in bed and Willie is watching football so I thought this was the perfect time to catch everyone up. Well, I guess I should be honest and say that Willie is actually no longer watching football but sulking since his team was showed up pretty bad this evening. Needless to say I would much rather be downstairs on the computer then next to him on the couch right now.

So, we went to Atlanta over Labor Day weekend to see the Surgeon regarding Myah’s Torticollis. He did recommend surgery and we have since scheduled the surgery for Thursday, October 27th. We will be going to Atlanta on Monday the 24th and returning on Saturday the 29th. The Tuesday before surgery we will go for a BOTOX injection into Myah’s neck muscle per the surgeon’s instructions, and a pre-op visit with our Surgeon. My Mom is making the trip with us. It will be nice to have some additional help and support. Lord knows I’m going to need it. The surgery will take approximately 1-2 hours. We will have to stay overnight at the hospital on Thursday, but should be released on Friday.

I will say that I am so glad that Myah will soon be all better, and also that I am confident that surgery is the best, and now the only choice for her situation. However, I am super anxious about the whole thing. The trip, the surgery, the days after the surgery, missing work, the physical therapy after the surgery….I could go on and on. If I really sit and think about my child going “under the knife” so to speak, it makes me crazy and ill! Every day the surgery gets closer my anxiety grows. I hate to be a whiner, but this is really going to be hard for me and my sweet Myah. I know everything will be ok and we will soon be done with all of this, but in the meantime, stress, stress, and more stress!

Myah and I went to see my parents for the day and on the way home I really got to thinking about things. I have been so busy worrying about everything going on I feel like life is just passing me by. I mean people tell me things and I just completely and totally forget. It’s like it goes in and right back out. I know that’s terrible, but I feel like the stress of life has just taken over. I couldn’t relax even if I wanted to, and my mind is just constantly running.

So that’s what has been going on for the last several weeks, a whole lot of work, Myah, and worrying. I know deep breaths, positive thoughts, and lots of prayer will get me through this! I’m so thankful for my sweet girl and my wonderful husband! Words just can’t express how much they mean to me.

I am going to make a point to relax more and try to limit the worrying. Also I’m going to try and pay more attention to what’s going on with the world, and the people around me! Nighty, night!

No comments:

Post a Comment